PDA

View Full Version : Forget Politics

fschmidt
03-26-2019, 01:43 AM
"While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned us by Providence. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation, while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candour, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world. Because we have no government, armed with power, capable of contending with human passions, unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

John Adams quote from 1798 (https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/John_Adams#1790s)

What John Adams warned of has happened. The American people are no longer moral and religious people, so politics is irrelevant. Politics cannot civilize beasts.

And please don't call modern Christianity a religion. It is a sick joke. Today only traditional Anabaptists practice real Christianity. The only difference between a modern Christian and an Atheist is that the Atheist doesn't violate the Third Commandment (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_take_the_name_of_the_Lord_thy_God_i n_vain).

D'Artagnan
03-26-2019, 06:53 AM
hmm, I'm a little curious how politics is not relevant when you attempt to spread your moral superiority.
I'd agree that most of us are morally pretty vacant.
However.. you have the democrats telling us we need to be commies and send us all broke.
In Britain, we have the Labor party telling us we should hate Jews.
In Australia we have Jew hate and Islam apologists who think killing people is ok.. Waleed Ali for example.

I'd think that politics has much more poison and harm than most of us not turning up to church on a Sunday .

fschmidt
03-26-2019, 02:32 PM
Because religion is the means of spreading superior morality.

Why are you wasting your time listening to what idiot politicians or the media think? Go to a religious service and listen to what religious leaders think. And in a local religious service, you can also tell others what you think.

scott
03-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Because religion is the means of spreading superior morality.

Why are you wasting your time listening to what idiot politicians or the media think? Go to a religious service and listen to what religious leaders think. And in a local religious service, you can also tell others what you think.

I'll certainly let D'Artagnan speak for himself. Just passing by, I'm curious why religious leaders play a role. They have no say and they should never have a say.
Geez, Iran is the perfect example. However, the thought bubble that Politicians should be ignored is absurd. If you like I could expand.
BTW, I couldn't care what media says.. we can all find the answer we are looking for by choosing the media that suits us. Unity ticket there.

scott
03-26-2019, 03:18 PM
As a quick follow up. I'm not a name dropper.. But I know a few Pollies. A local State member, a Federal MP who is a Minister, and an ex Senator who is know a Diplomat.
If you need things done, they can organize more in ten minutes than some loser church leader could do in a lifetime.
I've never asked for a favour from any of them, and I'm sure they would tell me to F*** Off if I asked, unless it was for community benefit.
Pollies get a bad name, but the ones I know are super nice people.

D'Artagnan
03-26-2019, 03:39 PM
As a quick follow up. I'm not a name dropper..

Pfffft, we all know who you are talking about. I realise you know all these posh people. Introduce me. I'm a conservative too..

fschmidt
03-26-2019, 03:42 PM
I'll certainly let D'Artagnan speak for himself. Just passing by, I'm curious why religious leaders play a role. They have no say and they should never have a say.
Geez, Iran is the perfect example. However, the thought bubble that Politicians should be ignored is absurd. If you like I could expand.
BTW, I couldn't care what media says.. we can all find the answer we are looking for by choosing the media that suits us. Unity ticket there.
Everyone should have a say based on free speech. Religion is a necessary condition but not a sufficient condition for a civilized society. In other words one needs a good religion, and no religion today really qualifies.

Religion provides self-discipline while government provides external discipline. In a civilized society, most people behave because of the self-discipline that they got from their religion. The external discipline from government is only to deal with the outliers who lack self-discipline. In this kind of society, government is small because it isn't much needed.

Without religion, people are beasts lacking self-discipline. No amount of government can regulate such a population. Such a society is hopeless and will collapse.