No Needle Botox Alternative
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of Speech

Freedom of Speech

What should be allowed? Holocaust denial? Cartoons ridiculing Muhammad? Public personal insults? Give your opinion.

I have plenty to say on this subject, but I will start with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRdlNTbe0k
    Last edited by fschmidt; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:57 PM. Reason: typo

Let it all be said. Let's air it. Funny you bring up Cartoons, they can say a thousand words in one image.
    Cynic

This is the topic. I'm going to back this one. The whole reason for this forum is censorship.
    Let this thread run and lets give everyone a go.
    Haters won't be bumped, but ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Climate Hoax View Post
    Let it all be said. Let's air it. Funny you bring up Cartoons, they can say a thousand words in one image.
    Should one be a allowed to shout "fire" in a crowded theater?

any chance of starting with something less complex ? I see the point , but there is no answer. It's like debating abortion
    Cynic

Holocaust denial?
    I'd say they should have a say. The pile on would be huge. This is the perfect reason for free speech,.
    Cynic

Quote Originally Posted by Climate Hoax View Post
    any chance of starting with something less complex ? I see the point , but there is no answer. It's like debating abortion
    No, for meaningful discussion we have to answer each other's questions. My point is that there are limits to speech. Another example would be perjury in court. Do you think that should be permitted?

Quote Originally Posted by fschmidt View Post
    No, for meaningful discussion we have to answer each other's questions. My point is that there are limits to speech. Another example would be perjury in court. Do you think that should be permitted?
    well yeah, it'd be helpful if we were interested in the same topics. But on this subject I don't care much for the Judiciary. Old poofs in Wigs that let people off.

To be serious about the subject, the way courts behave depends on how seriously they should be treated. Did you follow any of the Cardinal Pell case ?
    Last edited by Climate Hoax; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:42 PM.
    Cynic

anyway, to keep the story short ... Derryn Hinch
    Now this guy was thrown in Prison for contempt. He named a Pedo in the media before the judgement came down.
    Fair comment I guess.

However this Cardinal Pell, he was maligned and was called a Pedo way before he was convicted and there was even a book written about him.
    Nobody was sent to the clink for that. Popular culture said as he's catholic { not in fashion } was guilty by popular opinion.

Is there a point where the court should be held in contempt by the public when it's a joke trial ?

That I believe was in the Peoples Republic of Victoria.

I'd agree when a court / Judge / Magistrate behaves they should be respected. What about if they don't ??
    Last edited by Climate Hoax; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Cynic

The Red Tea Detox
    This is a theoretical discussion about what the ideal laws on free speech should be. This discussion has no practical value, but I am willing to participate for entertainment. Politics doesn't interest me because basically I consider most of humanity to be vermin in need of extermination.

So I never heard of Cardinal Pell and I generally don't follow the news. I don't care about courts being corrupt since I only expect the worst from modern scum anyway. Now let's get back on topic. What exactly are the ideal limits of speech? I asked 2 questions, please answer them. And feel free to ask me questions that are on-topic.