No Needle Botox Alternative
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freedom of Speech

Quote Originally Posted by fschmidt View Post
    Politics doesn't interest me because basically I consider most of humanity to be vermin in need of extermination.
    and the 2019 award for Spreading Hope and Joy goes to >>>>

That's a short video taken of Peter Hitchens is a cracker. With some nice wit he demonstrates what annoys many of us with modern thought group think.

Different note; I like that thought about: "is it ok the have a cartoon about Muhammad?". I'd say yeah go for it based on the goose and gander theory. Makes me wonder when the western world will have organized lynch mobs to shut down even more debate, just a Islam can call a fatwa or the Australian aborigines I think it was "to point the bone",
    although the latter is more of curse than a call to action.
    The day will come soon when we all dress in grey and keep our heads down and we're not allowed to say anything at all.
    A a self described chatterbox, I might one of the first to be murdered under the new outrage industry.
    Can someone bring an "up yours" sign to my funeral and pop in on top of the casket.

Life is like watching TV, you do have the power to change the channel. That would stop you from complaining and annoying the rest of us.
    Nobody likes a whiner.
    Last edited by scott; 03-27-2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
    Different note; I like that thought about: "is it ok the have a cartoon about Muhammad?". I'd say yeah go for it based on the goose and gander theory. Makes me wonder when the western world will have organized lynch mobs to shut down even more debate, just a Islam can call a fatwa or the Australian aborigines I think it was "to point the bone",
    although the latter is more of curse than a call to action.
    A fatwa isn't a call to action either, it is just an opinion. I wrote my views here:

http://www.mikraite.org/Freedom-of-Speech-tp1915.html

In my view, cartoons ridiculing Muhammad are no different from cartoons ridiculing a private individual, and this shouldn't be permitted for broad public distribution. Only living public figures should be allowed to be ridiculed because they have a platform to respond.

Life is like watching TV, you do have the power to change the channel. That would stop you from complaining and annoying the rest of us.
    Nobody likes a whiner.
    So then you would have no problem being defamed on a popular channel and then having everyone hate you as a result?

So then you would have no problem being defamed on a popular channel and then having everyone hate you as a result?
    I'm at work and hard to chat much.

Of course I'd prefer if it didn't happen to me.

I think people get confused easily with this one.
    There are laws in most countries to allow for defamation / libel some call it.
    There's no point having another law when one exists to help this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
    I'm at work and hard to chat much.

Of course I'd prefer if it didn't happen to me.

I think people get confused easily with this one.
    There are laws in most countries to allow for defamation / libel some call it.
    There's no point having another law when one exists to help this issue.
    You miss my point which is that blasphemy is just defamation of religion and should be handled in the same way.

You miss my point which is that blasphemy is just defamation of religion and should be handled in the same way.
    meh, rubbish, go back to my point. If you feel defamed go to a court.
    Otherwise for for example, I could start a lunatic religion today and claim someone said something horrid about the moon. As I howl to the moon in my new religion while I eat baked beans. Blasphemy is nothing to do with government.

Careful about hate speech on baked beans and the moon. Be warned .. haha

The Red Tea Detox
    btw, as said before, I think the suntan of brunei is looking for loonies. I can give you his phone number .. it's 1800 SHARIA