No Needle Botox Alternative
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of Sydney?s ghost tunnels

635b6502eb9bcafed605166f19659fa5.jpg

One of the abandoned train tunnels at St James.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    Are there ghosts down here? Is there the occult?
    I think, It's just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I think, It's just a rumor.
    Maybe there’s a bit of everything,”.

Spaces like the St James tunnel are rare. Around the world, hidden spaces are being converted into unique experiences.

Better to take that history, protect it, clean it up, scrub graffiti of the walls and turn it into something everyone can enjoy. What a wonderful gem this could be.

Do you know The tunnels were transformed into a bomb shelter during WWII with hand-poured concrete slabs poured over iron rods and built into the space to withstand explosions from above and within.

Banned
    Amazing, I'm going to share some interesting fact. Australian film "The Tunnel", was also filmed in the underground passage. The plot involves a film crew that goes underground to investigate why homeless people are going missing. A lake monster kills the crew off one by one.

Sydneysiders will be hoping for a less dramatic dining experience if and when the doors are reopened on the city’s hidden, never used, rail platforms.

321a0d2ad6aa4509c1f942ff9de16d62.jpg

Signs were affixed to the wall, yet the platforms would never be used.

The Red Tea Detox
    Is it possible to extend the tunnels northwards the old fashioned way, drilling (and presumably some blasting)?